Key Research Interests
- Solar Wind – Magnetosphere – Ionosphere coupling.
- Polar cap and auroral phenomena such as polar cap patches, flow channels and dayside aurora.
- Energy dissipation through Ultra Low Frequency Field Line Resonance Structures.
- European Incoherent Scatter (EISCAT) and Super Dual Auroral Radar Network (SuperDARN) observations of ionospheric features.
Available master’s projects
I have the following master’s project available. Contact me if you are interested in any of these or have some of your own ideas:
- Sporadic E layers in the Polar Cap Ionosphere
- Application of the apparent impedance approach to identify the physical nature of cusp transients and waves
- Polar Research Doppler Experiment – a new instrument for the detection of upper atmospheric waves
EISCAT Radar Responsibilities
Responsible for the allocation of experimental time on the EISCAT radars for the Norwegian science community.
Deputy Board member for the Norwegian EISCAT-3D committee.