The University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) is the world’s northernmost higher education institution, located in Longyearbyen at 78º N. We provide research-based education of the next generation of Arctic experts in biology, geology, geophysics and technology.
- ARCeX – Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration
- Arctic Safety Centre
- bioCEED – Centre for Excellence in Biology Education
- Birkeland Centre for Space Science
- The Fram Centre
- iEarth – Centre for Integrated Earth Science Education
- Kjell Henriksen Observatory
- LYSEF – Longyearbyen Science and Education Forum
- The Nansen Legacy
- The Norwegian Scientific Academy for Polar Research
- SIOS – Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System
- UNIS CO2 Lab
High impact of snowmobile pollution in Svalbard
Back when the dinosaurs were ash-stranded
Polar bear conflicts in Svalbard – how dangerous are our Arctic icons?
11 things you need to know about studying in Longyearbyen
#UniSvalbard – the world's northernmost higher education institution, located in Longyearbyen, Svalbard. Find your course here:
UNIS is the world’s northernmost higher education institution, located in Longyearbyen, at the High Arctic archipelago of Svalbard (78º N). UNIS offers high quality courses at the undergraduate, graduate and postgraduate level in Arctic Biology, Arctic Geology, Arctic Geophysics and Arctic Technology.
Longyearbyen live – 360 degree panorama
Live web camera from the roof of Svalbard Science Centre: