The University Centre in Svalbard (UNIS) is the world’s northernmost higher education institution, located in Longyearbyen at 78º N. We provide research-based education of the next generation of Arctic experts in biology, geology, geophysics and technology.
- ARCeX – Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration
- Arctic Safety Centre
- bioCEED – Centre for Excellence in Biology Education
- Birkeland Centre for Space Science
- Kjell Henriksen Observatory
- LYSEF – Longyearbyen Science and Education Forum
- SIOS – Svalbard Integrated Arctic Earth Observing System
- The Norwegian Scientific Academy for Polar Research
- UNIS CO2 Lab
Article from the UNIS Library: Receiving offers from publishers and journals to publish papers is not always a good thing. Unfortunately there is an increasing number of fake publishers charging researchers a processing fee to publish in worthless journals. Here are some tips on how to avoid these journals. Tips Ask your colleagues if they […]
20 October 2017 13 students from the course AGF-214 Polar Ocean Climate recently spent a week on board RV Lance together with lecturers, researchers and technicians from UNIS. The research cruise was Lance’s last cruise before she was taken out of the Norwegian Polar Institute’s service.
28 September 2017 Around the coast of Svalbard we find many exciting animals in the sea. Few are as strange as the two fish you will meet here. Perhaps they are facing an uncertain future?
Longyearbyen live – 360 degree panorama
Live web camera from the roof of Svalbard Science Centre: