All UNIS-students must be registered at a Norwegian university
- Students that come to UNIS from an international institution are automatically registered at the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway, and will receive a semester fee invoice from the Study Administration at UNIS shortly after their arrival.
- International students that come to UNIS as exchange students through a Norwegian university are exempt from paying the semester fee and are already registered for the correct courses at the Norwegian university.
- Students on a program at a Norwegian university have to register for courses and pay the semester fee as normal at their home university.
If you are not affiliated with a Norwegian university, you will be registered as a student at the University of Tromsø – The Arctic University of Norway (UiT), and will have to pay the semester fee there.
Please pay the semester fee as soon as possible. The semester fee need to be paid for you to be able to sit your exam(s) and receiving your transcript of records from UiT.
On the invoice it is written something about registering for the semester and filling in your individual study plan at UiT. You are not supposed to do anything about this, because this is already done by UNIS and UiT.
How to pay the semester fee
- When paying the semester fee, remember to use the Costumer identification number (“KID-nummer” in Norwegian) in the lower left corner of the invoice.
- If you pay from a Norwegian bank account or at the Post office in Longyearbyen, your payment will automatically be registered at UiT when you use the Customer identification number.
- When paying from an international bank you need to add the “Invoice #:” in your payment. Due to extra fees in banks in both countries, please add 5 EUR to your payment.