My main research topic is on basin fill deposits in the North Atlantic and the Arctic realm with focus on regional geology/basin studies, petroleum geology/energy resources and CCS.
ARCEx: Research Centre for Arctic Petroleum Exploration
Leader of Work Package 2: Petroleum Systems and Play Concepts
- Longyearbyen CO2 reservoir assessment, UNIS CO₂ Lab AS and unconventional reservoirs as storage units.
(RIS ID: 2999)
More information: UNIS CO2 Lab homepage
- Lower Cretaceous Basin development and fill in the northern Atlantic, Barents Sea and Svalbard (RIS ID: 5843; 3522)
- Hydrocarbon seeps and geochemical characterisation of potential source rocks in the Northern Barents Sea. Onshore offshore link (RIS ID: 5893)
- Improved facies description and interpretation of Triassic and Jurassic shallow marine sandstone reservoirs based on outcrops analogues (RIS ID: 3521; 4746; 4747; 5682)
- Depositional settings of mixed siliciclastic carbonate deposits of the Palaeozoic (Oslo Graben North Sea, Barents Sea and Svalbard) – (RIS ID: 4748)
- Basin development and fill of Upper Palaeozoic and Lower Mesozoic extensional basins in Svalbard and on the NW Barents shelf (RIS ID: 6045)
- Optimal use of subsurface data for input to estimation of oil and gas resources in High Arctic basins.
Snorre Olaussen in UNIS news: