Who can apply?
The applicant must be enrolled at Bachelor-, Master- or PhD level at a Norwegian institution of higher education or an accredited international institution of higher education.
Applicants must fulfil academic requirements and, where applicable, any additional course requirements set by UNIS.
Bachelor courses (200-level):
Applicants applying for a full semester, 30 ECTS, are given priority. Students therefore must choose 2 bachelor courses.
Please read the general information on recommended course combinations within each department:
Master and PhD courses (300- and 800-level):
At master and PhD level UNIS offers shorter and more intensive courses spanning from a few weeks up to one semester. By reading course descriptions you will find additional information on when the courses are given, prerequisite knowledge and learning outcomes. This to help you apply for suitable course combinations and plan your stay.
Combining courses on master or PhD level
When you are applying for courses please be aware that the application system does not block impossible course combinations. If you need more information on course combinations please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to apply
You apply for studies at UNIS online.
1. Register personal information in the Application Web(see link below).
2. Choose which course(s) to apply for. An application receipt will be sent to your registered e-mail.
3. You have to upload copies/scans of official credentials as listed below, within the application deadline. For documents in other languages than Scandinavian or English, an official translation to Norwegian or English is required. Both translated documents and original documents must be uploaded.
Supporting documents / required documentation:
* Transcript of records from previous and current education at university level
* Diplomas / completed degrees
* A confirmation that you are enrolled in a program (bachelor-, master- or PhD) at a higher education institution. This enrolment must be valid during your planned stay at UNIS
* A list of courses you are attending in the current semester/term
* Copies of relevant pages of your international passport (not needed for applicants with an 11-digit Norwegian identification number)
4. You may pause the application process after choosing courses and prior to uploading documents.
5. After finalising your application, you may check your application status in the Application Web. Decisions upon applications will be available 2–5 weeks after the application deadline. You will receive an e-mail when the decisions are made.
6. If you are accepted you must log on to the Application Web and accept or decline the offer within the given deadline.
The online application system for autumn semester courses opens in the beginning of March.
The online application system for spring semester courses opens ca. 5 September.
Please contact the Student Administration for questions about enrolment: Studadm@unis.no or +47 79 02 33 00.